Adeo is the world’s third largest retailer in DIY and decoration goods, with over €23bn yearly revenues and 110 thousand employees across 15 countries. Key group brands include Leroy Merlin, Bricoman, Bricomart, Bricocenter, Weldom, Zodio and Alice Delice.
The group recently launched its marketplace. It is a key pillar of an ambitious plan to transform the entire business and become the world’s leading habitat platform. The marketplace will help expand the product and service offering, improve Customer experience, reinforce the market positioning and create a key revenue stream.
The marketplace team at Leroy Merlin Italy is looking for a talented, Customer-obsessed New Account Manager to support the marketplace growth. The role offers the unique opportunity to support the growth of small and medium-sized businesses, lead growth initiatives and develop a deep understanding of e-commerce. The New Account Manager will play a key role in the long-term improvement of the Customer and Seller experience, as well as the success of the marketplace.
Responsibilities include prospecting the market to generate leads, leading negotiations with Sellers and supporting their growth and long-term success on the marketplace. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and will be able to lead and influence across a broad range of international projects.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of ownership and motivation to build a career in e-commerce. The ideal candidate is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, Customer-focused, and has the ability to handle ambiguity and influence at all levels of the organization.
The position is based in Milan, Italy.
The New Account Manager will have several key responsibilities, including
- Get a deep understanding of the internal and external variables that impact the marketplace (forecasting and planning sales growth, auditing and reporting key metrics, understanding trends) to identify category-specific market opportunities to improve Customer experience and grow the business.
- Prospect the market to identify, prioritize and manage a sales pipeline, lead negotiations and recruit high-potential Sellers onto the marketplace.
- Be a business partner for new Sellers, educating and providing them with data-driven insights and advice to optimize their success on the marketplace.
- Conduct analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue, profitability and operations performance targets.
- Collaborate with Adeo international stakeholders to build common structures and generate synergies"
- Highly organized and results oriented with a high degree of ownership.
- Strong commercial and analytic skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- External pitch/presentation skills and negotiation experience"
- Personal initiative and strong hands-on attitude along with creativeness, decisiveness and results-driven mentality for a business-focused way of thinking.
- Proficiency in both Italian and English.
Education and Experience level:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in consulting, e-commerce and/or retail/consumer product marketplaces (3P), e-commerce (1P) either in pure players or retailers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field from a top-tier university.
- Fluent english, french knowledge is a plus
Adeo is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society and believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to collaborate, learn, invent, build and succeed.